Monday, May 15, 2006

Let's call this the comeback

Summer is in full swing. Great weather so far too! What a beautiful weekend! After working Friday and Saturday, I had my Sunday off. Shane gave me a gift card to get my nails and toes done for a Mother's Day gift. We also went out to breakfast at IHop, yum. Lily poured about twenty packets of sweet and low in her grits and then put hot sauce in my coffee. She's going through a spell where she doesn't want to eat anything but candy. Ugh! So then, we bought Lily a gigantic fish tank (the kind with a filter and all that jazz). I really don't like fish tanks, but Shane has dreams of putting little Nemos and frogs in there, so it's kind of like a father daughter project that I'm sure will end up being my responsibility.


Last night, we just cooked out and then Shane played pool at his dad's house for like 5 hours, so I just hung out with his aunt, Michelle. She just had minor surgery a week ago, so she's still taking it easy. We drank wine and chatted. That's pretty much life out here. And of course you know who was there. Goodness. ((((Jenna please come up to D-ville.)))

Today, I've been taking it easy, as usual. I have three hours to work this week. Pretty slow. Today I have some driving classes, and tomorrow I'm trying to get my friends over and up here for shopping and dinner. We shall see.

Oh, and Lily can count to ten in Spanish. Dora taught her. It's so crazy.

5 comments:

Jenna Bean said...

Well missy, I wasn't aware you were having friends come to D-Ville tomorrow...pffff

Jenna Bean said...

But, can we make a trip to Old Time Pottery

Jenna Bean said...

nevermind...I'm a fool...I just saw your comment.

cal cal said...

And also my note in the blog--jenna come up to d-ville.

Jenna Bean said...

hehe...oops